Snack Night Fridays started two or three years ago. It was intended to be a break for me (no cooking) and a treat for the girls. They get to watch TV (after no TV Mon-Thu) and eat while they watch -- heaven! It's become such a part of our family ritual that the girls get really upset when we miss it. They get to pick the movie, and for some reason tonight they picked an old Elmo tape that was buried in the back of the TV cabinet.I have to share a funny E story. I was tucking her in tonight and asked if she'd had a good day. She'd been grumpy when I picked her up from school, so I was surprised when she said it was a really great day. Then she added, "Well ... there were a few bumps in the road ... but I called the road people and they came and smoothed it right over. And you know what? I'm the road people!" LOL Next time I hit a bump in the road, I am definitely calling the road people!

LOL, love teh road people, think I'll call them too when the roads get bumpy here too! glad she had a good day!
ReplyDeleteAnd my girls love to do this same thing, watch in front of the tv with dinner on the weekend (usually at lunch I'll make something like potstickers) and then put on a dvd for them!
I love that story!
ReplyDeleteAww what a sweet story!!
ReplyDeleteCute photo of them enjoying their sack dinner and watching their movie!
How cute is that story? Love that!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great perspective on life! Won't she be in good shape if she can hold on to that through adulthood? And I love the way you captured their backs...great shot.
ReplyDelete