Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 26 - Down for the Count

Yes, another sick kid photo -- definitely sums up things at our house this week. And I'd rather save pics of my sweet sick kids for posterity than pics of the house that has gone to h*%# in a handbasket while I've tended to them. VBG

H came home from school today complaining of a headache. She now has the same low-grade fever E had on Saturday. ... On the bright side (I think), the illness has a name. It appears to be adenovirus. Two kids from E's classroom table made trips to the hospital this weekend with high fevers, and one of them was officially diagnosed. Unfortunately, there's nothing to do but ride it out. I did take E to the doctor today to rule out any other infections.

So our living room is an infirmary -- a pretty cushy one. :) We'll have to make a trip to my office tomorrow to get some things, but I expect I'll be working from home all week.

4 comments:

  1. Poor H and E!! Hope they both feel better soon (and hope you don't get it, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, hope everybody at your house geets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that is not good. I sure hope everyone gets well soon. I had not heard of this virus before and now you are the second person in 2 weeks I know who has kids with it. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay well! Between working and playing nurse you're under a lot of stress... breathe...

    ReplyDelete