Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 79 - Chef Xiaxia

I keep meaning to get the girls more involved in the kitchen, so this weekend, I assigned each of them to a night. They get to choose what they want to make for dinner that night, and the two of us work together to make it.

When I told E she was making dinner tonight, she looked surprised. "But I thought H was going to be the cook for us." "Forever?" "Yeah." LOL I explained that we couldn't count on that.

We had a fun time making our pasta-and-trees. It was the first time I really let her do everything except pour out the boiling water. She made the meal, prepped the drinks and put everything on the table -- not an easy task when you have to keep moving the step stool all over the kitchen. I even had her fetch seconds for those of us who wanted seconds. She was really proud of herself.

1 comment:

  1. how cute is she! Love her pink apron. This is how great cooks start!

    ReplyDelete